"Out of Range" for LCD RRS feed

• Question

• So I have a Sony MFM-HT205 LCD TV/Monitor.  Works great in XP.  Switch to Vista and I start getting "Out of Range" for the refresh, Vista defaults to 75 Mhz and the monitor won't take more then 60.

Search the forums, did Safe Mode, no drivers.  VGA mode, still defaults to more then 60, same error.  I plug a second monitor into the Vid card, it has two DVI out on it, as soon as I plug it in, Vista recognizes and the two monitors come up.  Peachy!  Unplug the second monitor, everything runs.  Restart Vista a few times to check for the fluke.  Good to go! 

Started up WoW this morning, changed the resolution.  BAM!  "Out of Range."  Plugged in the second monitor, checked the settings, Vista at 59 Mhz, everything looks good.  Unplug the second monitor... whammy!   "Out of Range."  (No WoW running, WoW reset to defaults.)

So as a work around for the time being, I have the second DVI out going to a switch being used by a different cluster of computers...

Vid card is an nVidia GeForce 7600 GT with the drivers released from nVidia to work with Vista.  AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+.  2 GB RAM.

Any ideas?

Saturday, September 23, 2006 5:43 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem like Evenflow.

My monitor is Samsung SyncMaster 731BF plug into my Gecube 9550XT DVI port. I use winXP and vista enterprise edition build 6000. XP run smooth without any problem. But when i try to load Vista, the sinyal to monitor will lose after vista startup progress bar. I've used latest catalyst driver from ATI and also tried vista original driver as well. When i use original vista driver, i'll get blue screen after progress bar. blue screen said infinity loop happen. I've tried go to safe mode and uninstall the driver plus remove driver file, then boot normally but this error still there.

Hope somebody can help me.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:45 AM
  • Try updating to the latest drivers from NVIDIA?
    Saturday, July 7, 2007 3:48 PM