Reboot during Sequencing an Application (DWF Viwer 08) RRS feed

• Question

• How to sequence an application that requires a reboot of the machine?

For example, I am sequencing AutoDesk Design Review 2008 (DWF Viewer) and it requires a reboot at the end of the installation.

Thanks

Sam

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:52 PM

Answers

• The sequencer will pick up the reboot and will not reboot the machine.  Then when you click on stop monitoring in the sequencer and it will process the tasks that would have been done during the reboot.

So no worries on the reboot of machine after application install.

mattmcdermott

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:54 AM

All replies

• The sequencer will pick up the reboot and will not reboot the machine.  Then when you click on stop monitoring in the sequencer and it will process the tasks that would have been done during the reboot.

mattmcdermott

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:54 AM
  • Thanks. This was a helpful information.

Sam

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:33 AM

mattmcdermott

Has this behavior changed in 4.6? I am trying to sequence Adobe Pro 9, but I am unable to process any updates after the initial install because it says that a reboot is required. 
    Monday, July 26, 2010 4:05 PM
  • Hello,

I would suggest you create your own thread where you describe your problem, what steps you have pursuied so far and your environment.

/Znack
    Monday, July 26, 2010 4:06 PM