What is the Service Manager SDK service? RRS feed

• Question

• I've had nothing but trouble trying to get the new HTML5 Self Service Portal working for Service Manager 2012 R2. I've been all over the official Technet documentation, and I keep seeing references to "Service Manager SDK service". I'm supposed to point my HTML5 portal to the server running the "Service Manager SDK service". Well I have 5 servers involved in my (working) Service Manager environment, and not one of them has a "Service Manager SDK service" running. Am I supposed to download something separate in order to make this new portal work?
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:50 AM

Answers

• Hello,

No, you don't need to download something separately. The server running System Center Data Access Service is your management server.

System Center Data Access Service (OMSDK), also referred to as the SDK service, can be considered the core service for Service Manager.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yan Li_ Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, May 27, 2016 1:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, May 30, 2016 7:06 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:35 AM
  • SM SDK Service (System Center Data Access Service) is running on machine which has SM Management Role. Just give address of any SM Management Server (Secondary Preferable) 
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hello,

No, you don't need to download something separately. The server running System Center Data Access Service is your management server.

System Center Data Access Service (OMSDK), also referred to as the SDK service, can be considered the core service for Service Manager.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yan Li_ Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, May 27, 2016 1:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, May 30, 2016 7:06 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:35 AM
  • SM SDK Service (System Center Data Access Service) is running on machine which has SM Management Role. Just give address of any SM Management Server (Secondary Preferable) 
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 6:08 AM