Cross platform Conferencing interoperatability RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

One of our customer raised the below query:

Business A has a fully functioning SfB 2015 environment.

Business B has a fully functioning CUCM with telepresence environment.

Both have conference room systems.
    Is there a way of bridging between the 2 environments if a conference call is required. So can a SIP call be initiated using the SIP URI of an endpoint in the Cisco environment from SfB? I don’t believe it can, nor is VIS a solution for this from my understanding of the articles read.

Please advise. Many thanks.

• Edited by SBHV Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:37 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:37 PM

Answers

• Not natively.  Ultimately this may be available, but for now a product like Pexip may be the answer.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by SBHV Friday, September 9, 2016 1:46 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:51 PM

All replies

• Not natively.  Ultimately this may be available, but for now a product like Pexip may be the answer.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by SBHV Friday, September 9, 2016 1:46 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:51 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

• Edited by SBHV Friday, September 9, 2016 1:47 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2016 1:47 PM