Internet explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Why does my internet explorer keep stopping the middle. It says something like my internet explorer has stoped working and reopened. I don't like this it happen in the middle of moving around from webpage to webpage etc. It's getting annoying. And I think it's this new internet explorer. If so can I change this to one that works!!
    Friday, November 4, 2011 6:08 PM

Answers

• Installing Firefox or Google Chrome is much easier than going through all that.  I should know...because I did all of those steps and IE9 still doesn't work.  I cannot connect to any website.  Firefox can.  Hmmm....
    - will
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, November 14, 2011 12:43 PM
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 7:05 AM

All replies

• Yes, you should get rid of IE9 or IE8 or any version of IE.  Just use Firefox.  It never has any issues.
    - will
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 4:18 AM
  • Please see:
    - Internet Explorer does not start or stops responding
    "Internet Explorer 9 Error: “Internet Explorer has stopped working”".

If the issue persists...
    Please Reset Internet Explorer 9 settings

If still no joy...

1. Please download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner tool (freeware).
    2. Reboot your PC.
    3. Please download, update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    4. Reboot and Test.

Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 6:36 AM
  • Installing Firefox or Google Chrome is much easier than going through all that.  I should know...because I did all of those steps and IE9 still doesn't work.  I cannot connect to any website.  Firefox can.  Hmmm....
    - will
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, November 14, 2011 12:43 PM
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to know if you still want to fix the issue on Internet Explorer 9? If so, please help me check if there is any related log in Event Viewer. Also click tool -> About Internet Explorer and let me know the update version.

Meanwhile, you can use Internet Explorer 9 in Safe Mode with networking for a test.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 8:29 AM
  • I wish could uninstall internet explorer except my computer doesnt show it to be on computer under   control panel-uninstall programs.. any other good ways to uninstall this program!!!
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:33 PM
  • Uninstall ie9,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2579295/en-us

In programs and features or uninstall a program on the top left you will see,

Turn windows features on or off, this is where you can deactivate ie.

• Edited by ThrashZone Friday, January 13, 2012 6:01 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 5:55 AM
  • I've been hearing good things about Firefox.. I think I may try it.....

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 5:06 AM