SCOM alert connector RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello everyone.

We have installed CTP2 with AD, SCCM and SCOM alert connectors.  All connectors works but I have strange problem with SCOM Alert connector.

SCSM successfully creates the incident based on alert and enters Ticket ID in SCOM.

After that SCOM make every minute some kind of update/modify on alert initiated by SCSM-SCOM connector. That generates a lot of e-mail alerts.

Why is this happening?

Where can I modify this settings or even turn off that update/modify.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• I suffered the same problem and was told it's a known issue, for now I have the connector disabled while I await an update. 
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:46 AM
  • Hi,
    I believe the issue you are running into is that the Incident in Service Manager gets sent to OpsMgr and updates the Alert all the time?

There is a precision issue with the watermarking that is used to retrieve Incidents in Service Manager to be sent to OpsMgr. This occasionally results in the same incident being sent over and over again - its the latest Incident that was updated in Service Manager.

Is this something that occurs all the time for you i.e. with every Incident that is created in Service Manager?

Darshat Shah -Senior Developer, System Center Service Manager Team
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:24 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Yes that occurs all the time, but I noticed that not all alarms or incidents act like this.

The only thing which bothers me is that I cannot find a rule by which this occurs.

Regards

Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:55 AM
  • Please submit a bug through Connect for this issue. We need to investigate this.

Thank you,
    Suzanne [MSFT]
    System Center Service Manager Team
    Friday, May 15, 2009 9:33 PM
    Answerer