none
Default invite/share settings RRS feed

• Question

• When creating a new project my company currently has to invite the team with full control and then invite everyone just to view each project. We create dozens and dozens of projects daily with the exact same share permissions for these two groups. Is there any way to change our default project creation settings such that we automatically grant permissions to our team and the company at large? 

Is it possible to do this just for the eight members of the team such that only we create projects with these permissions?

Saturday, September 8, 2018 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you asked your question in forum for "Project Satnadrd and Professional". From your question, I assume you are using Project Online or Project Server? Am I correct? If so, are you using Project Server permission mode?

With Project Server permission mode, it is quite simple. Create 2 groups, one for full controll and one for readers. Add category "My Organization" to both of them.

While editing a group, select "My Organization" in categories (after moving it to the right column) and apply template "Project Managers" in the full control group and template "Team Members" to the viewer group.

Apply the same templates in the section below for "Global Permissions", if useres don't get their permission from any other group membership.

Add appropriate users to both groups.

Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, September 9, 2018 11:21 AM