Can I apply new classification rule to the existing files that be classified and protected? RRS feed

• Question

• We're deploying data classification rule to automate classify and protect the documents on Windows Server FCI.

First I've applied classification rule to the folders, it works. All files in this folder are classified and protected.

Afterthat I've created new custom classification rule and reapplied to the same folder.

The result is the new files created in this folder are classified and protected according the new rule, but the previous files could not be updated and applied the new rule.

Any recommendations for this case.

Thanks in advance,

A.Worawan

A.Worawan

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:42 PM

All replies

• You can configure your rule to re-evaluate the files if you want to change the classification.

On the classification tab, click the Advanced button to select further options.

On the Evaluation Type tab, the Re-evaluate files check box is cleared by default. This means
    that the rule only applies to files that are not already classified.

You may want to create a separate rule and schedule to reclassify. It just depends on your needs. You probably don't want it to reclassify every time.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:59 PM
  • Hello Eddie, 

Thanks for your reply, it is helpful.

Regards,

A.Worawn

Monday, October 24, 2016 1:14 PM