Call Via Work s4b RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to implement call via work we use S4B 2015 + Cisco CUCM

Set-CsRoutingConfiguration -CallViaWorkCallerId +xxxxxxxx

The xxxxxxx which number should it be

Can it be any number or does it have to be something available on PBx etc or somewhere in Skype system

PS C:\Users\s4badmin> Get-CsRoutingConfiguration

Identity                   : Global
    Route                      : {Description=;NumberPattern=^(\+1[0-9]{10})$;Name=LocalRoute;SuppressCallerId=False;AlternateCallerId=, Description=To
                                 CUCM;NumberPattern=.*;Name=SFB-Cisco;SuppressCallerId=False;AlternateCallerId=}
    EnableLocationBasedRouting : False
    CallViaWorkCallerId        : +4012000

PS C:\Users\s4badmin> Get-CsCallViaWorkPolicy

Identity               : Global
    Enabled                : False
    UseAdminCallbackNumber : False
    AdminCallbackNumber    :

This is what i set

New-CsCallViaWorkPolicy -Identity Tag:ABCCvWP -Enabled $true -UseAdminCallbackNumber $true -AdminCallbackNumber +4012000

Grant-CsCallViaWorkPolicy -Identity myuser-PolicyName Tag:ABCCvWP

Restarted S4B client on my machine a couple of time

Choose the Outgoing call box but as soon as i click ok the checkbox disappears

Anything i may be missing

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Kitaab,

1.Please check following prerequisites for Call Via Work.

• You must have a Mediation Server deployed, either as part of a Front End Server or as a standalone role. You must also deploy an IP-PBX gateway.
    • All users who will be enabled for Call Via Work must have a Direct Inward Dialing (DID) on the PBX phone system.
    • You must enable all Call Via Work users for Enterprise Voice on the SFB control pannel.
    • All users who will be using Call Via Work must have Automatic Configuration selected in their Advanced Connections option in their Skype for Business client. This enables the client to discover the UCWA URLs.Automatic Configuration is the default selection.
    • For each Call Via Work user, enable call forwarding and simultaneous ringing.
    • For each Call Via Work user, ensure that dial-in conferencing and conferencing dial-out are enabled. This enables these users to get into and out of Skype for Business conferences.
    • Ensure that delegation, team call, and response group are disabled for every Call Via Work user.

2. The “CallViaWorkCallerId” the number is a global phone number for your deployment which Skype for Business displays on the PBX caller ID of users who are making Call Via Work calls.

3. if you have some doubts about deploying Call Via Work,you could refer to the following link

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn933908.aspx

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 5:47 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:35 AM
  • I think i am getting confused with setting this up. What is needed is when a user calls someone from skype it  is initiated from the desk phone.

I can see my skype client gives an option for Call handling but not able to initiate the call from my phone.

Skype calls work normally . I am also enabled for Enterprise voice and have proper dial plan etc .

I have assigned this CallviaWork policy to myself and choose Outgoing call number themselves

Following commands were ran:

Set-CsRoutingConfiguration -CallViaWorkCallerId +1234567898

New-CsCallViaWorkPolicy -Identity Tag:1CvWP -Enabled $true

And then Added this policy to my user account

Sunday, November 19, 2017 11:08 AM
  • anything that may be causing this.

Our policy states;

PS C:\Users\s4badmin> Get-CsCallViaWorkPolicy

Identity               : Global
    Enabled                : False
    UseAdminCallbackNumber : False
    AdminCallbackNumber    :

Our users go to Call handling and select their extension on the outbound call's

But still when initiating the call only goes through skype client and does not ring on the Cisco Phone attached.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:25 PM
  • Hi kitaab,

When you run the Get-CsCallViaWorkPolicy, it only return the Global policy,not return the policy(Tag:1CvWP) that you created?

Regards,

Leon Lu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:00 AM
  • yes, that is it.

It seems to an issue when call via work is enabled , one of the DNS  entry  ucs.domain.com  had to be pointed to reverse Proxy instead of internal dns for Front end pool

Friday, December 1, 2017 9:20 AM
  • Hi Kitaab,

Thanks for your reply.

Does it work now?

I did some research, I think here are the steps for deployment on server side:

a. Create a Global Phone Number

Set-CsRoutingConfiguration -CallViaWorkCallerId +<PhoneNumber>

b. Create one (or more) CvW Policies

New-CsCallViaWorkPolicy [-Identity] [-Enabled <boolean>] [-UseAdminCallbackNumber <boolean>] [-AdminCallbackNumber <string>]

(Setting the Callback Number administratively is optional and requires one policy per user)

c. Assign the Policy to one or more users

Grant-CsCallViaWorkPolicy -Identity <UserName> -PolicyName Tag:<PolicyName>

If you do not find your created policy, I think you could try to re-create it, and check if it can work or with any error result.

For more information, you could refer to these articles.

http://masteringlync.com/2015/05/01/call-via-work/

https://insidemstech.com/2016/07/23/skype4b-call-via-work-part-iii/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Leon Lu

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 8:21 AM
    • You must have a Mediation Server deployed, either as part of a Front End Server or as a standalone role. You must also deploy an IP-PBX gateway.
    • All users who will be enabled for Call Via Work must have a Direct Inward Dialing (DID) on the PBX phone system.
    • You must enable all Call Via Work users for Enterprise Voice on the SFB control pannel.
    • All users who will be using Call Via Work must have Automatic Configuration selected in their Advanced Connections option in their Skype for Business client. This enables the client to discover the UCWA URLs.Automatic Configuration is the default selection.
    • For each Call Via Work user, enable call forwarding and simultaneous ringing.
    • For each Call Via Work user, ensure that dial-in conferencing and conferencing dial-out are enabled. This enables these users to get into and out of Skype for Business conferences.
    • Ensure that delegation, team call, and response group are disabled for every Call Via Work user.

Hello!

Can you please how to set "For each Call Via Work user, enable call forwarding and simultaneous ringing", "For each Call Via Work user, ensure that dial-in conferencing and conferencing dial-out are enabled. This enables these users to get into and out of Skype for Business conferences." and "Ensure that delegation, team call, and response group are disabled for every Call Via Work user." in SfB Control Panel or in Management Shell or somewhere else?

All other requerments are met.

Now I have a problem, when CVW enabled user make a call to internal user IP Phone in Sfb Client, SfB call user's IP Phone from Global Phone Number. And when user pick a phone, nothing happens - there is no second call from SfB to Callee.

Monday, October 29, 2018 11:22 AM