Skype for Business Various Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Peeps,

I have a couple of questions I would like some clarity on.

We would like to become ACP ( Audio Conferencing Partners) with Microsoft. So that Skype for Business Online Users can call our conference bridge to the PSTN.

I am planning on achieving this in two ways:

1. Configuring a Hybrid Skype for Business. We have an on prem Lync Server 2013 as well as SKype for Business Online.

2. Configuring a CCE. So that I can connect the Skype for Business Online with an Avaya PBX we have on premises.

Am I thinking correctly that either of the two solutions will create the atmosphere I need ?

Which of the two is the easier to configure ?

Thanks

Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:56 PM

Answers

• Okay - So I was able to resolve the issue - It seems that even though I had enabled enterprise voice on -premises I had to enable it via the set-csonlineuser as well. Issue resolved.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, October 28, 2016 9:59 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi robinhood-Mtl

Welcome to post in our forum.

Based on my understanding, both method is ok to achieve your goal.

If you want to provide dial-in conferencing to users hosted on Cloud Connector, you can purchase PSTN conferencing from Microsoft or from audio conferencing provider (ACP) partners.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt605228.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 

The following is about how to deploy SFB hybrid for your reference

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/12/23/step-by-step-skype-for-business-2015-hybrid-configuration/

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, October 17, 2016 9:56 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 2:15 AM
  • Thanks - Wish me Luck :)
    Friday, October 14, 2016 4:48 PM
  • Hi robinhood-Mtl

You are welcome.

If the answer is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer in order to help others with similar issue.

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 9:36 AM
  • Okay,

SO I followed the instructions contained in the Link to a degree. I have Lync Server 2013 on prem with Skype for Business Online you see however I was able to move the user from on-prem to the cloud. However I am unable to dial to the PSTN as that user homed to the cloud. When I log in as the user, I no longer see the dialpad ( which is consistent as when I log in with the tenant domain)

I have purchased the cloud pbx add on as well create a user policy and a voice routing policy for the user but no avail. The dial pad does not show for the user moved to the cloud.

Monday, October 17, 2016 2:32 PM
  • Okay - So I was able to resolve the issue - It seems that even though I had enabled enterprise voice on -premises I had to enable it via the set-csonlineuser as well. Issue resolved.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, October 28, 2016 9:59 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 1:19 PM
  • Hi robinhood-Mtl,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your sharing, it will help other people who has the similar issue.

In my opinion, if the specific user has the issue, you could try to compare the user attributes in AD between this affected account and other normal accounts, make sure there is the correct attribute about SFB online.

Alice Wang

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:18 AM