Calls failing between SFB server and Polycom Group Series RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    We have a problem making inbound and outbound calls between Lync/SFB and Polycom Group Series

The calls are failing with the the following error

10006; source=”mediation.server.com”; reason=”Proxy side Media negotiation failed”; component=”MediationServer”

The calls were working fine two weeks ago but now it stops working so something have changed somewhere but it is very difficult to figure out what has been updated.

The calls routed from Lync/SFB Mediation server via Acme SBCs to ATT gateways
    I have involved both Acme and ATT folks and they are saying that we have a BYE coming from Mediation server so we are terminating the call.

The calls to older Polycom HDX are working fine.

I have involved Polycom support team and they said they did not change anything.

I have complete SIP logs for the failed calls to Polycom Group series and the good calls to Polycom HDX
    I have collected the logs using Lync/SFB central logging service scenarios.

Please let me know if you can help; I can email you the logs if you want

Thanks
    Imran

• Edited by Imrancisco Sunday, July 3, 2016 10:40 PM
    Sunday, July 3, 2016 10:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Imrancisco, 

What is the model number of Group presence  phone that you have ? If its 500 series i see an update that happened on 24th June, is  that by any chance that the issue started after that ? can you take a look into this page in detail 

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/group_series/group500.html

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, July 4, 2016 12:15 PM
  • Hi Imrancisco,

You may confirm if there is only a few people have the issue, and if the affected clients in the same subnet. Please also check if the affected Lync/SFB clients are on desktop or on mobile device and if they have certain versions.

You could also check if your dial plan set correctly. Moreover, make sure your SFB server has the latest update.

Here is a similar case for your reference

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/d34c7ccf-18e0-46c8-8d63-c01cc7e02246/10006-sourcefe01-reasonproxy-side-media-negotiation-failed-componentmediationserver?forum=lyncvoice

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, August 5, 2016 1:35 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 8:06 AM