none
Project Server Resource SSRS Report using TimeByDay - Pls Help!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am trying to build a basic SSRS report, but struggling to get what I want.

So I first of all, using the SQL Design Editor to build a query, choose ResourceName, TaskName and AssignmentActualCost. This is ok so it seems - it shows me tasks and their actual costs, great. I can paste this into SSRS Report Builder as well.

In my report I do need to the TimeByDay filter, so as soon as I add this, my report suddenly grows as its showing the AssignmentActualCosts broken down by day. This is not what I want.

I want a report, which has only the ResourceName, The Total AssignmentActualCost for a task in the relevant month (done by parameter on a report e.g. Task A is £4,000 in March - NOT Task A £1,000, Task A £1,000, Task A £1,000, Task A £1,000 down across four rows, OR, £4,000 down four rows if I use AssignmentActualCost from another view in the reporting db)

Hope this makes sence, I guess I need to roll the costs up in my SSRS report someone, somehow?!!?!?

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:18 AM

Answers

• Sounds like you need to use 'group by' in the SQL query, and 'SUM' the AssignmentActualCosts in the query as well.
    • Marked as answer by BarryJones1984 Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:10 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:04 AM

All replies