none
Photoviewer not displaying due to not enough memory

Question

• The following error message is appearing on my computer "Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer".

I have followed the fault finding thread below however, there are no profiles associated with this device listed to be able to highlight etc.

go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution and click advanced settings

go into colour management and click colour management

under devices tick use my settings for this device and the highlight and delete the profile associated with this device.

How do I know what profile to download?

Hoping someone can assist?

Monday, April 09, 2018 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is that you have multiple video adapters on your PC?

If yes, please try to set other video adapter as primary to see if it can work.

You could see the color profiles that are installed on your system. (Right click on desktop -> Screen resolution -> advanced settings -> Color Management -> Color Management… -> All Profiles)

Please try to use clean boot to boot PC into a clean environment to see it the issue still occur.

Here is a link for your reference.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Please try to update your video adapter in Device Manager.

Please also check if the PC is up to date. (Type Windows Update in search box, then select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:45 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 13, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:01 AM