none
Turn Off "Send Progress for Tasks" RRS feed

• Question

• In Project Online (or Server) is it possible to "Gray Out" or remove the two timesheet options "Send Progress for All Tasks" and "Send Progress for Selected Tasks"? It doesn't appear to be possible via Groups/Categories, and doesn't seem to be impacted by Allow users to define custom periods for task updates or other Task/Timesheet configurations.
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:38 PM

Answers

• Brendan --

No, it is not possible to disable these two actions using permissions or any other method.  My advice would be to make this a training and performance issue with your Timesheet users.  Train them on the correct way to fill out and submit a timesheet, and then hold them accountable for this behavior.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:18 PM

All replies

• Brendan --

No, it is not possible to disable these two actions using permissions or any other method.  My advice would be to make this a training and performance issue with your Timesheet users.  Train them on the correct way to fill out and submit a timesheet, and then hold them accountable for this behavior.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:18 PM
  • Hi Grendan,

Timesheet feature is readily available to the users, and can not be controlled by Project server permissions. Provided feature is default behavior and best practice to follow the same.

I don't recommend to disable the same.. but you can achieve the same by writing some JavaScript on page.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Avinash kumar | Blog:http://avigr8.wordpress.com | If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:40 AM