Device Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Using Windows Vista Ultimate in my Device Manager it shows an Unknown device called "pcouffin device for 32 bits systems". Can anyone tell me what this device is?.

Friday, August 31, 2007 4:19 PM

All replies

• I have a similar problem, except my device is alone in a group called  "VS".   Properties shows "no drivers available"  and the Device Instance id is ROOT\pcoucffin\0000.   I wonder if it could be my microphone ?

How do we tempt someone to advise us on this one ?!

davidgordon

Friday, February 1, 2008 8:08 PM
  • It is a driver used by some CD/DVD burning software.

google for it.

Friday, February 1, 2008 10:56 PM
  • This pcouffin 32 just popped up as I was burning a cd. With all the virus, cell phone spying, fbi, big brother, terrorist, hackers, and la la la la etc.  I paused before allowing it to download, then I accepted it although it read as a NEW HARDWARE. I did not add any new hardware?  so I am confused at this moment...

I took the chance anyway but while downloading it I thought about it. Anyone can send a virus, and have it read as NEW HARDWARE DETECTED so I come here to you guys, and quickly got my answer. I did look it up elsewhere, and just like Tlarsson said it's a CD/DVD Burning software.. But, I did get a virus anyway from the movie that I downloaded...
    I am sick of low life's doing this, and would love to catch one doing it...I PITY HIS SOUL. I am willing to pay for the addresses of these low life, insecured, little wewe, dumb looking, child molesting, bugga eating ,mentally disturbed, smelly, punks who send viruses. I just want to catch one, and make an example out of him.. I fell better now...but still have a virus..
    Thanks for letting me vent. :)
    Monday, August 31, 2009 1:11 AM
  • But, I did get a virus anyway from the movie that I downloaded... I am sick of low life's doing this, and would love to catch one doing it...I PITY HIS SOUL.
    Well, aren't you being a bit of a "low life" yourself, downloading a movie? (Illegally, I assume.)

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:20 PM