none
[Question] Is there a way to integrate IBM websphere application into my DNS server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i have little knowledge for windows server and i'm trying to find a way to integrate our IBM websphere application into my DNS server, is this possible? 

Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 2:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>is there anyway for them to access www.example.ph (the previously 192.168.0.1:9080 Web Application) without touching the host files on their system32 folders?

Yes, you could.

First you need to create *.example.ph zone for this website, and then create www A record in this zone. When clients access www.example.ph, clients will get address of web application.

Please check link below to understand it:

DNS Server

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/dd448607.aspx

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by K4D3N Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:31 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by K4D3N Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by K4D3N Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:33 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 2:26 AM

All replies

• or is there any way to do this, for example 

My WAS hostname is http://example:9080/ <-- this is our application and i want it to appear whenever the clients type in "www.example.ph" Is this possible? Help.
    • Edited by K4D3N Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:59 AM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:27 AM
  • Hi,

>>this is our application and i want it to appear whenever the clients type in "www.example.ph" Is this possible?

Did you mean that you want user to access application server by using www.example.ph?

If yes, you could configure CNAME to achieve the goal, but records are not configured with port on DNS server, user should enter CNAME with port to access application. 

Best Regards

John

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Alright so i've accomplished my initial goal to edit the url into www.example.ph. I did this by changing ports and the virtual hosts in my WAS server. Now as for my actual situation, i don't have the luxury to change the host files for each of our client workstations, is there anyway for them to access www.example.ph (the previously 192.168.0.1:9080 Web Application) without touching the host files on their system32 folders? Thank you!

• Edited by K4D3N Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:44 AM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

>>is there anyway for them to access www.example.ph (the previously 192.168.0.1:9080 Web Application) without touching the host files on their system32 folders?

Yes, you could.

First you need to create *.example.ph zone for this website, and then create www A record in this zone. When clients access www.example.ph, clients will get address of web application.

Please check link below to understand it:

DNS Server

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/dd448607.aspx

Best Regards

John

• Marked as answer by K4D3N Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:31 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by K4D3N Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by K4D3N Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:33 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 2:26 AM
  • i did the zone and created a www.A record on the same zone. However, system is not letting me save the file because i have port number after the IP. I use port number 9080 by default --> Web App and the port number 9060 --> for the WAS Portal. It goes like this 192.168.0.1:9080 and 192.168.0.1:9060. How do i select which port to use in the DNS server? 
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:45 AM
  • Hi,

>>How do i select which port to use in the DNS server? 

This goal could not be achieved on DNS server, you could configure it by other ways.

Best Regards

John

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:46 AM