none
Device Deployment - Best Practice RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I work for a small (4 staff - 3 of which are part-time) nonprofit and serve as the pseudo IT department (by default...since I'm the lone millenial). 

Someone donated 2 new devices for the other staff members.  I setup Intune deployment thinking it'd be the easiest solution for them to handle connecting and setting up the devices on their own. The problem is, our local share drive doesn't have an active directory and isn't even connected to the internet.  It is strictly a LOCAL server for saving and sharing files while on premise.  Sadly, this doesn't bode well with Intune since it doesn't even create a local user account on the device.

Now I'm tasked with setting up the devices myself.

The question:  What is best practice for setting up and managing the devices.  

Should I....

- create a local user, connect it with my global admin "work/school" account via "join device to Azure AD" then create local users for the staff and connect their microsoft 365 via "work/school"?

- initially set up the device using my global admin account then create a local user for them to link to "work/school"

- set up a local user account ONLY then add a local user and link their "work/school" account using "join device to Azure AD"?

- or something completely different? 

Thank you in advance!

Friday, July 17, 2020 12:04 AM