none
Error: Expected "250". Server rejected the recipient address.

Question

•  

I have a user that cannot send emails to an external email address. The recipient can receive emails from an external source (let's say @gmail), but not from our domain. I ran the SMTPDIAG tool on my exchange server and I got this message:

Failed to submit mail to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Is the problem on my exchange or dns server? If so how can I fix this?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:43 PM

All replies

• I am having this exact same problem.

Any time I run the smtpdiag tool against any other recipient address it is successful, but if i run it against Charters email server I get that repsonse back:

Sent:

rcpt to:<mailuser@charter.net>

Received:

550 you are not allowed to send mail to mailuser@charter.net

Failed to submit mail to ib1.charter.net

I can run this command from multiple different Exchange servers with a success, it is just one specifically that is having the problem.

Anyone?

Thursday, September 06, 2007 2:12 PM
  • If you say its working from other systems, I suspect that charter.net mailsystem is doing some kind of spam control and your server is blocked.

Thursday, September 06, 2007 8:15 PM
  • Well, they say our server is not being blocked, but I take their tech support with a grain of salt.

As a matter of fact, we moved them from charter, because charter was their ISP and DNS zone file holder. Even during all that, they were still having that error.

Now that we have gotten them to delete the entire zone file and changed ISP's, still the same problem.

Friday, September 07, 2007 6:22 PM