Web Part Zone & Web Part disabled in SD2010 Advanced Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I want to preface this by saying I am new to Sharepoint, so all of the terminology I am not as familiar with.  I have been tasked to redo a page on our portal.  Thus, I am currently trying to edit a page (not the master page) in SD 2010.  It currently has one webpart zone/zone template active already.  Ideally, I want to drop two other webpart zones in two table columns under the first one so that I can have side by side webparts.  However, the Web Part Zone & Web Part icons are greyed/disabled.  Please help :(.

I want to add that I already checked out previous links related to this topic -- I am in advanced mode and still getting this issue.

Thanks in advance.

*** Never mind... had to save my page first, and then all the insert options came back.  I really do hate Sharepoint
    • Edited by DeyB Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:47 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:39 PM

All replies

• I hope you are not trying to edit one of the List, Libraries's pages. This could be the reason why you are unable to edit the page.

If you are still unsuccessful with your efforts, please create a new page and add new webpart zones to it and relink the page using the navigation option in the site settings.

Sharepoint Dummy

Monday, August 20, 2012 1:44 PM
  • ..No.  I solved the issue; you have to save the page first in Designer before the options are enabled.  Think its a "dummy proof" Desinger does.  Thanks anyway though!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:44 PM