SSRS: Wrong Paper Size Set When Exporting Landscape Report to Word RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I've come across a strange problem with SSRS when exporting to Word. I have a report which needs to fit onto 1 landscape A4 page. Usually the only SSRS reports development I do is in order to host reports in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

When I preview the report in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015, it displays correctly and will print without any problems. Similarly, I can also export the report as a PDF and it prints without any problems. However, when I export the report to Word, the Word document Page Size gets set to either "Custom" or "Legal".

I have checked the Report Properties, Body Properties and Margins so I know that these are all correctly set.

The same problem occurs with Microsoft's own out of the box reports in CRM when I try to export them to Word (eg: 'Products by Contact') if they are exported as Landscape.

Has anyone come across a workaround for this issue?

I'm running CRM 2015 On-Premise (7.0.0.3543 ) on SQL Server 2012 (v11.0.3000)

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi barmstr

According to your description , it seems that your issue is  similar to “Orientation setting is lost when you export a report to a Word document in SSRS 2012 or SSRS 2014”.

Based on my research , this issue has been fixed in the latest version of SSRS 2012, you could check your current SSRS version and you could refer to FIX: Orientation setting is lost when you export a report to a Word document in SSRS 2012 for details.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Visakh16MVP Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by barmstr Thursday, April 12, 2018 9:53 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hi barmstr

According to your description , it seems that your issue is  similar to “Orientation setting is lost when you export a report to a Word document in SSRS 2012 or SSRS 2014”.

Based on my research , this issue has been fixed in the latest version of SSRS 2012, you could check your current SSRS version and you could refer to FIX: Orientation setting is lost when you export a report to a Word document in SSRS 2012 for details.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Visakh16MVP Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by barmstr Thursday, April 12, 2018 9:53 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:03 AM
  • Hi Eric,

I've installed Service Pack 2 and Cumulative Update 11. I've done some tests and CU11 fixes this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 9:53 AM