none
Timesheet print function does not work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

When I go to print off timesheets in Project Server Online 2016 I get a result that looks like a bunch of unloaded garbage. The result is the same in Chrome, Edge or Explorer. 

I need to print off timesheets in a ledgible form for other departments within our company. 

I've tried to post an image but they have not verified my account so I will post with an update once verified. 

Thank you for any help. 

• Edited by Nick-SMTC Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:13 AM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:10 AM

All replies

• Nick-SMTC --

I can confirm the behavior you see.  It looks like a bug to me.  Whether it is serious enough for Microsoft to fix it is unknown.  I would recommend your company raise this as an incident with Microsoft Support to see if they can come up with a solution for you.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:31 PM
  • Nick-SMTC --

I just figured out a work around that actually does work.  Export the timesheet to Excel.  From there, you can print it as you need.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:36 PM
  • Thanks Dale....a bit of a long workaround. 

Do you know if there is a batch export function to excel and then a batch print from that or I would need to setup as macros? 

I have a team of 10 that I need to print and submit time sheets for in a quick manner. How do other teams deal with an manage this information as it will usually transfer to another form of accounting software. 

Cheers, 
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:34 PM
  • Nick --

No, I am not aware of any way for you to do a batch print of the timesheets of 10 other people.  Why don't you have them export to Excel themselves and then save the workbook in a location where you can access it?  That might simplify the process a bit.

If the time from timesheets needs to be transferred to an external accounting system, it is possible to integrate the two systems using custom software development.  The process of setting this up is not simple nor is it cheap, but it can be done.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:45 PM