Monitor TFS 2012 Server problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have  a scom 2012 server that monitors my network.
    I have a TFS 2012 server that I am monitoring.
    A few days ago we have installed Update 4 on our TFS server and since then the TFS server is in warning status.
    I tried to locate the alert that raised the warning, but could not find it not in the active or closed alerts.
    I have open the health explorer and found out that the monitor that has raised the warning is
    "Monitor for Administration Web Service". I have looked at the VB script  that monitor runs and found a bug.
    It test a URL that contains localhost when I run it manually with localhost on the server I get and error
    when I use the server name it works.
    I have checked and I have the latest MP installed version 1.0.0.15. 

Is there an update  or a fix?

Thanks

Itamar

Itamar

Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:50 AM

Answers

• Hello,

As this issue happened after upgrading update 4 on TFS, it seems like that this update has changed something in TFS server. The management pack is sealed with the designed script to test the URL, to work around this issue, you can disable the default one, and re-write a new one to monitor for administration web service.

In addition, you may feedback this issue in the link below:

https://connect.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, April 25, 2016 7:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by ItamarKa Monday, April 25, 2016 8:56 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 5:38 AM