Importing custom MP failed SCSM 2012 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to import a custom Service Request MP from my other SCSM 2012 installation, I am receiving the following error. I have defined SR subscriptions, list and catalog items in this custom MP. What can be the cause of this error?

The management pack import failed. 
    Errors (90):
    Invalid Presentation Mapping Template. The path is not found in the target template.

Invalid Presentation Mapping Template. The path is not found in the target template.

Invalid Presentation Mapping Template. The source is not mapped to a target or unused by any other sources.

Invalid Presentation Mapping Template. The source is not mapped to a target or unused by any other sources.

Warnings (12):
    Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element WorkItemGroup.4bb4efc05a674c49b4c3e0918b93caf4_Contains_System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest of type ManagementPackRelationship found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element WorkItemGroup.d42d1aebc1c548c4b01f5f3d6165ae32_Contains_System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest of type ManagementPackRelationship found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element SLAWorkflowTarget_964a12e9f01c4728875ccb32c8e864cc of type ManagementPackClass found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element WorkItemGroup.d42d1aebc1c548c4b01f5f3d6165ae32 of type ManagementPackClass found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element WorkItemGroup.67b9efa097444b4081f5427be73c5a8e of type ManagementPackClass found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element SLAWorkflowTarget_6b654a42136440729881d78ab7b974b5 of type ManagementPackClass found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element WorkItemGroup.4685a5e0e7f0430b8d8a9e1950cf0d9d_Contains_System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest of type ManagementPackRelationship found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element WorkItemGroup.4685a5e0e7f0430b8d8a9e1950cf0d9d of type ManagementPackClass found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element WorkItemGroup.2a13c224de814e21940c408e8abb766d of type ManagementPackClass found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element SLAWorkflowTarget_9252e91fb2cb4497bd153ac153e11742 of type ManagementPackClass found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element WorkItemGroup.4bb4efc05a674c49b4c3e0918b93caf4 of type ManagementPackClass found in an unsealed management pack.

Unsealed management packs should not contain type definitions.  The element WorkItemGroup.78f405c6db08416f8551244ee1776282 of type ManagementPackClass found in an unsealed management pack.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:43 AM

Answers

• Fix for me, Imported my Authoring Tool extensions MP which some of my Request Offerings are using.

Than I got this error when trying importing my services MP again:

The management pack import failed. Errors (1):Failed to process extensions for management pack: {0}: Failed to process extensions for management pack: Brown.Service.LibraryInvalid enumeration mapping

So I opened the XML in a text editor and found 3 of my Service Offerings had problems with their Category, changed them to the General category (cut and paste from other Service offerings) and now it imports just fine.

Still get a ton of warnings of course, but no errors.

Hope that helps!

• Proposed as answer by Trana010 Monday, January 21, 2013 1:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ozge Ozkaya Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:07 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 1:29 AM

All replies

• Bump!

I got the same issue, don't have SP1 though, mine is also a Service MP, containing just about everything related to Service Requests.

My other MPs from my test import just fine, but admittedly, they aren't very big.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:16 PM
  • Fix for me, Imported my Authoring Tool extensions MP which some of my Request Offerings are using.

Than I got this error when trying importing my services MP again:

The management pack import failed. Errors (1):Failed to process extensions for management pack: {0}: Failed to process extensions for management pack: Brown.Service.LibraryInvalid enumeration mapping

So I opened the XML in a text editor and found 3 of my Service Offerings had problems with their Category, changed them to the General category (cut and paste from other Service offerings) and now it imports just fine.

Still get a ton of warnings of course, but no errors.

Hope that helps!

• Proposed as answer by Trana010 Monday, January 21, 2013 1:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ozge Ozkaya Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:07 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 1:29 AM