QuickLaunch Modification in WSS3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I wanted to know if it is possible to hide links present in the QuickLaunch in WSS3.0?   Currently I am discovering that this is not the case because you don't have access to the Navigation management module that you get with MOSS.  In WSS3.0 you get only access to QuickLaunch in Site Settings with no option to hide or remove any of the headers/links.

Does anyone have a work around for this handy?

Thank you for your comments/thoughts.

Sincerely,
    Tim
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:33 PM

Answers

• What is it you want to remove, if you don't want to have lists in Quick Launch you can remove them by selecting the List -> List Settings. Select the link called Title, Description, Navigation and select No in the option button "Display this list on the Quick Launch"
    Jesper
    • Proposed as answer by glenncg Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, March 20, 2009 6:10 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:01 PM

All replies

• What is it you want to remove, if you don't want to have lists in Quick Launch you can remove them by selecting the List -> List Settings. Select the link called Title, Description, Navigation and select No in the option button "Display this list on the Quick Launch"
    Jesper
    • Proposed as answer by glenncg Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, March 20, 2009 6:10 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:01 PM
  • Hi Jesper,

Thanks for the kick in the head. ;)  I have to remember that there is always several ways to skin this cat.

This works fine for lists/libraries but what about People and Groups, View all site content, and Sites?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sincerely,
    Tim
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:24 PM
  •  You can alway create your own master page and configure it to your needs. Or you could open the page up in Sharepoint designer and edit it there if you only need to change a single site.
    Jesper
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:54 PM
  • Hello,

Is there any way to hide a link in quick launch for certain people??

I have few links in quick launch which are only accessible for certain people and if any other user clicks on it, it will show accesss denied page! my aim is to hide these links for users who don't have permission to the site so that they won't see the link to click on.

any solution???

Thanks
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:44 PM