Refresh an OU content RRS feed

• Question

• Hi !
    (Sorry for my bad English ... i am French)

What is the PowerShell code for refresh an organisationnel Unit content in Active Directory ?
    I mean ... get the same result as press the F5 KeyBoard Key ?

Thanks ! 

Friday, February 19, 2016 12:29 PM

Answers

• What's provoking the question?

For an administrator to see new objects in the GUI, they need to refresh the display.

If the object exists but it hasn't appeared in the GUI yet - this does not mean that the object does not exist. It means the admin needs to refresh their own display.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

• Marked as answer by PatMCT Friday, February 19, 2016 3:31 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 3:09 PM
  • Correct; all you need to to is refresh the GUI. The F5 keypress does that. Also you can right-click the container and choose the 'refresh' option.

• Marked as answer by PatMCT Friday, February 19, 2016 3:34 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 3:29 PM

All replies

• Just rerun the query. F5 is only for GUI applications.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, February 19, 2016 1:06 PM
  • Hi again ! (lol)

I got no query ...
    I apply my script who move a computer account and just want to refreh the OU to see the computer account is not still here ...

What could be the code for this "refresh" ?

Thanks

Friday, February 19, 2016 1:25 PM
  • Are you trying to refresh a GUI view from a script? If so, I know of no way to do that.

If not, what exactly do you want to 'refresh'?

Friday, February 19, 2016 1:31 PM
  • Are you trying to refresh a GUI view from a script? If so, I know of no way to do that.

If not, what exactly do you want to 'refresh'?

Yes that's it ! Refresh the guid "Active Directory User an Computer" from a powershell Script ... as it can refresh the content of the Organisational Unit where my script make the changes ... and the admin see the modifiactions ...

Friday, February 19, 2016 2:52 PM

For an administrator to see new objects in the GUI, they need to refresh the display.

If the object exists but it hasn't appeared in the GUI yet - this does not mean that the object does not exist. It means the admin needs to refresh their own display.

• Marked as answer by PatMCT Friday, February 19, 2016 3:31 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 3:09 PM

YES !
    You are right ....

It's just ... in fact for make an impressive DEMO to my IT People !

I write a script (with GREAT help of this forum --- Specialy JRV !!!) who from an event of creation of an OU in AD move the computer account in another OU ... and ... i wanted that they see that the computer ... disappear from one OU ... to appear in the other OU ...

Ooooh ! Magic !
    ;-)

So ... i will press "F5" two time in my demo !!!
    ;-))

Friday, February 19, 2016 3:17 PM
  • As a word of advice - make sure your script and the GUI are talking to the same DC. I'm sure you don't want to wait for replication delay while doing your demo.

Friday, February 19, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Correct; all you need to to is refresh the GUI. The F5 keypress does that. Also you can right-click the container and choose the 'refresh' option.

• Marked as answer by PatMCT Friday, February 19, 2016 3:34 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 3:29 PM
  • As a word of advice - make sure your script and the GUI are talking to the same DC. I'm sure you don't want to wait for replication delay while doing your demo.

;-)))
    Friday, February 19, 2016 3:30 PM

Right !

I will do "F5" twice ...

Friday, February 19, 2016 3:31 PM