Business Data List Web Part doesn't show actions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I imported an application definition with some entities, for one entity i created a simple action "search with google" http://www.google.ca/search?q={0}

But when I add a Business Data List Web Part to one of my sites, data are well displayed but the actions (Profile or search with google) are not available ! where is the problem ? any idea ?!

Just for information, when I add Business Data Actions Web Part all actions are here !

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In order to make the actions visible you should do as follows:

1. From the newly added Data List Web Part, click Edit View, and then in the Columns section, select the Title column that you want to display in the Web Part.
    2. Click OK.

After that you will be able to use the action. In this example COUNTRY_NAME is a title column.

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, July 25, 2011 5:18 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In order to make the actions visible you should do as follows:

1. From the newly added Data List Web Part, click Edit View, and then in the Columns section, select the Title column that you want to display in the Web Part.
    2. Click OK.

After that you will be able to use the action. In this example COUNTRY_NAME is a title column.

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, July 25, 2011 5:18 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Hi,

I am aslo facing the same problem,could you please tel me how to add the actions to business data list webpart insharepoint 2010

Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:39 AM