Files exists but do not appear in document library RRS feed

• Question

• The document library in our team site SharePoint 2007 displays 56,000 items in view all site contents . There are few files which are displayed with a custom view "Show item by Size Desc order".  When i right click and navigate to actual path in the document library the files does not exists. I tried with library path and explorer view option but the file is not visible. 

Please note the below observations -

1. My user account has site collection admin access.
    2. These files are not check out by any user and also are not part of managed check out.
    3. There is no content publishing approval or any workflow associated with the library
    4. The file has single version . You can download the respective file and edit it with custom view  by size "Show item by Size Desc order" .
    5. The user who uploaded the file one year back is inactive at present.

We verified by trying with STSADM command "databaserepair"

stsadm -o databaserepair -databasename 

but it returned ZERO orphan count.

Important to note that library has more than 10,000 items present as part of managed check out . But the missing files are not listed in managed check out section.

Is it because of threshold limit exceeded or due to more files in check out section or due mistaken identity in SQL server while copying using explorer view ?

How to get the files visible in actual path folder ?

I am interested to understand and know the root cause of this behaviour and welcome if there is any fix available for such cases.

Appreciate if any one can assist on it. Suspecting locks on the items in SQL database.

Nikhil Choudhary

• Edited by Nikhil Choudhary Monday, November 28, 2016 12:01 AM cosmetic and verbiaz
    • Moved by Victoria Xia Monday, December 5, 2016 4:24 AM SP2007 related
    Friday, November 25, 2016 5:03 PM

All replies