My User is disappearing and when I find it in Advanced there are no group memberships RRS feed

• Question

• My "User" on the local computer is set to Administrator.  But when I shut it down at night and turn it back on in the morning, I can log on, but do nothing else.  So I go into "Users Account" and I am not listed at all.  So I go further into Advanced - and I am listed under "Users", but Group Membership is completely blank.  I have to add Administrators to get back onto the front User Control, reboot and it works again until the next time I shut the computer off.  But I left it on last night and it did the same thing.  HELP!
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, April 10, 2011 1:44 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Saturday, April 9, 2011 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, please let me know if the computer is in the domain. If so, you may need to contact the domain admin to check the related policy.

Also, does this issue only occur on Vista system?

You may refer to the following similar thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/error-message-the-following-error-occurred-while/d7d1456f-68c1-4c6a-840a-dc64f3ff1220

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, April 15, 2011 6:45 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 6:44 AM