locked
Sequencing .net Application RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    Each time I try to sequence .net applications, I meet a very strange issue. The Application refuse to launch with the following error :

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: .NET Runtime
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1023
    Date:  28/10/2010
    Time:  16:25:31
    User:  N/A
    Computer: FCEXWD00012
    Description:
    .NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.1433 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (79FFEE24) (80131506)

    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    When I stop the sequencer and launch again the application, it works. The application only fails during the sequencing.

    Can someone help ?

     

    Thanks

    David

    Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:35 PM

Answers

  • znack,

    Thanks a lot for your help and time spent for me :D

    Finally I found the solution to my issue : SEP 11 !

    If I removed "Firewall" and "Device and Applications Control" components, everything works fine

     

    If you're also using Symantec Endpoint Protection 11, take care

     

    David

    • Marked as answer by david.goiset Friday, November 19, 2010 7:49 AM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 7:48 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    See the official .NET Framework support statement for general guidance.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/appvirtualization/dd146065.aspx

    /Znack

    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, November 7, 2010 9:16 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 9:25 PM
  • Thanks

    I take a look at this article and confirm that it works :D

     

    David

    Monday, November 8, 2010 5:42 PM
  • Hello,

    I have tried to sequence .net applications by installing first .net 3.5 SP1 on the sequencer but I meet the error I mentionned

    When I installed the application ouside the sequencer, it works fine. I only meet the error during sequencing and of course when I launch the package from a client

    Is ther something I missed ?

     

    David

    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 1:49 PM
  • Hello,

    Seems like you are following the best practices, a good way forward would be to investigate what might make the application incompatible with the sequencer by determing what the application consists of and what its performing when executing.

    /Znack
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 4:01 PM
  • Hello;

    Thanks for your help Znack. Have you some advice to help me investigate these kinds of issues ?

    I meet this issue with several applications. One of them is "VisonApp Remote Desktop". Has someone already sequenced this application ? Meet the same issue ?

     

    Thanks

    David

    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:07 PM
  • Hello,

    Well, lets start by asking some questions;

    What registry keys are laid down?

    What files are installed?

    Is it one installer? Is it several installers? Does it interact with any components?

    Does it depend on something that can't be virtualized?

    What operating systems does it work on?

    What operating systems doesn't it work on?

    Does it have any hardcoded paths in any registry keys / files?

    Does it have any reported issues using a native installer in any type of environment?

    /Znack

    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:07 PM
  • The application is very simple. Only one installer without any interaction instead of .net framework.

    I've tried to sequence another .net application (vSphere Client Infrastructure) and I meet exactly the same issue. It seems to occur with all .net applications.

    I sequence on a XP Workstation SP3 with .net 3.5 SP1. I haven't the issue without the SP1 of .net 3.5 but the target devices are with SP1 and the streamed application will fail on the target device even if I stream without the SP1 of .net 3.5

    I cannot use filemon or procmon during sequencing

     

    David

    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:14 PM
  • znack,

    Thanks a lot for your help and time spent for me :D

    Finally I found the solution to my issue : SEP 11 !

    If I removed "Firewall" and "Device and Applications Control" components, everything works fine

     

    If you're also using Symantec Endpoint Protection 11, take care

     

    David

    • Marked as answer by david.goiset Friday, November 19, 2010 7:49 AM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 7:48 AM
  • Hello,

    Thats actually documented here;

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973366

    Device and applications control is the SEP version of Buffer Overflow Protection.

    /Znack

    Friday, November 19, 2010 7:53 AM