none
How to run IE8 on windows 7 professional that already have IE10 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I am using windows 7 professional and it already have Internet explorer 10  , but i want internet explorer 8 .>>....>> how to make it possible? 

Please give some valuable suggestion.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I uninstalled IE10 in my win7 (enterprise)for a test, and it just rolled back to IE8. Maybe something is different in your machine.

Have you tried the FIX IT in the KB that I mentioned before, or how about manually uninstall IE9 by command? does these make any difference?

When you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer is installed. If the previous version of Internet Explorer is not Internet Explorer 8, you can install and then configure Internet Explorer 8 from the following Microsoft website:

Download Internet Explorer 8

Regards,

Yolanda

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:47 AM

All replies

• No you cannot run 2 different version of Internet Explorer. If you are unhappy with IE10 then uninstall it then you will get IE8 back again. Look for Installed Updates and uninstall from there. If you had IE9 as your previous version you will then have to remove that as well to get IE8. Though that should work. I have Windows 7 but I have never upgraded to IE9 or IE10. I see no need, as IE8 is working fine.Also I hate IE9 as it makes my computer run slow, IE10 is no better.
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:59 PM
  • I dont wanna run two different versions at same time.I need only IE8. and this IE 10 was preinstalled on my system.......

if i will uninstall IE10. will i get IE9 and then after uninstalling IE9 will i get IE8....is it??

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Hi,

Generally, after you uninstall your IE 10 and IE 9, your IE will degrade to IE 8 automatically.

If you updated ie 8 to ie 10 directly, when you roll back IE, you will get the ie 8 directly.

If the Uninstall a Program feature doesn’t uninstall Internet Explorer 9 correctly, try these solutions in the order in which they’re presented.

I’d like to share the following KBs with you for reference:

What to do if you can’t uninstall Internet Explorer 9

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2579295

Repair or reinstall Internet Explorer in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Please feel free contact me if you still have problem about this issue.

Regards,

Yolanda

Friday, September 20, 2013 10:35 AM
  • Dear yolanda,

I had IE10 preinstalled in my system.And as i got suggestion here ,i uninstalled IE10 from my system and I got IE9. But now i cant see IE9 in <<control panel/programs/program features/installed updates >> for unistalling it and getting back to IE8.....i need IE8.

Friday, September 20, 2013 3:31 PM
  •  i cant see IE9 in <<control panel/programs/program features/installed updates >> for unistalling it and getting back to IE8.....i need IE8.

The order of updating may have been  IE9, W7sp1.  Then you would have to uninstall W7sp1 first in order to see IE9 as an update to W7 base.  

Do you really need IE8?   Why not just emulate it with IE10?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, September 20, 2013 3:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I uninstalled IE10 in my win7 (enterprise)for a test, and it just rolled back to IE8. Maybe something is different in your machine.

Have you tried the FIX IT in the KB that I mentioned before, or how about manually uninstall IE9 by command? does these make any difference?

When you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer is installed. If the previous version of Internet Explorer is not Internet Explorer 8, you can install and then configure Internet Explorer 8 from the following Microsoft website:

Regards,

Yolanda

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:47 AM
  • How do you emulate IE8 in IE10. I access a web based EMR that requires IE8 to log in.

Thanks

Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:05 PM
  • If the previous version of Internet Explorer is not Internet Explorer 8, you can install and then configure Internet Explorer 8 from the following Microsoft website:

Those steps are not applicable if the OS is Windows7, because on Win7, IE8 is inbox (OS component)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:09 PM
  • How do you emulate IE8 in IE10. I access a web based EMR that requires IE8 to log in.

Thanks

Compatibility View settings is one way to do this.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-10-win-7

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:11 PM