none
Issue with DPM seeing disk-based recovery points RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded my DPM 2012 SP1 server that was running Server 2008 R2 Enterprise to Server 2012 with SQL Server 2012 and I am experiencing an issue with running the consistency check. It is currently telling me that the data is inconsistent, but when I run the consistency check, it quickly switches to ok and then back the "Replica is inconsistent". My drives are definitely mounted and the OS sees them. Before I did the upgrade, I made sure I backed up the database and then once the upgrade completed, I restored the database and did synced it. Opened up DPM and all my protection groups were there and the drives were attached as well.

All my backup jobs are failing because the data is inconsistent. If I tell it to create a recovery point, I get the following error:Error 30076: Operation failed for <drive letter> because the recovery point volume for this data source is not available on the DPM server. Future backups will also fail until this issue is fixed.

Also, if you check the mount points, and click on any of them, it says it is not accessible. The device is not connected. Before it would just say access is denied and you do not have permission.

If I create a new protection group and set it up for disk and tape back, it all works just fine. Anything from the old protection group are not working right now. I know the data is there, I just need DPM to be able to see it.

Any idea what i can do to get my data to become consistent again and to be able to continue with my back up jobs.

I can provide more detail if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Old post, but it sounded like the vss shadow storage association was missing.  If you run vssadmin list shadowstorage, you would need to see if it showed proper associations for all the replica volumes.

closing post for housekeeping.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:27 AM