Logon Screen - Users now required to click on 'Other User' before entering account info RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we recently deployed a number of updates to the Windows 7 devices on our estate. The updates installed ok but now the Windows logon screen has changed.

Previously: the user pressed ctrl + alt + del and then had to enter their Username and Password

Now: the user presses ctrl + alt + del, the user has to click on the 'Other User' icon and then enter their Username and Password

Can anyone provide any information on why the Other User icon may have suddenly appeared or, more significantly, suggest how it may be disabled? In GPO Interactive Logon:Do not display last username is set to enabled.

Any help would be much appreciated since i'm stumped.

Thanks!

Monday, February 10, 2014 11:11 AM

Answers

• Quick update, managed to figure out how to fix this issue:

in GPO; Computer Config > Adm Templates > System > Hide entry points for Fast User Switching (set to Enabled)

I still have no idea why the installation of updates caused Fast User Switching to kick in, but hiding the entry points seems to have solved the issue. If anyone has any suggestions as to why the problem manifested itself in the first place, i'm all ears!

• Marked as answer by Robot Archive Monday, February 10, 2014 1:09 PM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 1:09 PM