none
Data Integrity of MS Project Server vs. Non-Server Versions RRS feed

• Question

• Have Service Packs for MS Project Server 2013 resulted in stable data in MPP files?

The data in my MS Project 2010 Professional with SP2 is not very stable in calculations of BCWS in Summary Bars.

I am perhaps up-grading to MS Project Server 2010, but only if the data stays stable.

I used t in 2012 and saw only one instance of hours loaded on tasks changing by them selves for one IMS. the over-the-weekend tool run seemed to be the cause. I deleted the file and re-created it with no further issues.

How about the latest versions?

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Craig,

The product gets inherently more stable as releases progress, but no-one but yourself can fully test your own personal requirements.  My concern in your post was "the over-the-weekend tool run seemed to be the cause" which is not something I recognise, and your issues could have been self induced.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:59 AM
  • We are very happy with Project Server 2013 and Project 2013. There are almost no bugs and data seems to be stable. Project Server Online and Project 2016 still have some issues that need to be addressed. One day something works, and the other day it may be broken in our experience.

Jonas Hendrickx If I helped you, mark my answer as helpful.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 4:53 PM