none
DISM repair source issues....

Question

• I am searching for ways to be able to use DISM without getting the message that it can't find a repair source. For me this occurred after the installation of the 'Creators Update'. And even after a clean installation on a fresh partitioned hard disk, the same problem occurs. Now my computer works flawlessly. But it has to stay clean and healthy because I want to install recording (Cubase) and guitar software (Line 6) and DISM gives you a kind of security when things go bad. It has performed miracle rescues in the past for me. I am by the way certainly not the only one with this issue  O.K. I don't need it right away but I have tried every trick in the book and I can't get it to work and that worries me. I don't want to be forced to do a reinstall every time windows stops working properly, although things look very stable with this version. I have read that it has to do with the communication between the firewall and repair programs which need windows update to perform their task. Can't Microsoft create a fix/update to resolve this problem ?..... please ?  Kind regards.
    • Edited by Opperlaaf Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:38 AM
    Monday, April 24, 2017 11:48 PM

All replies

• I am searching for ways to be able to use DISM without getting the message that it can't find a repair source. For me this occurred after the installation of the 'Creators Update'. And even after a clean installation on a fresh partitioned hard disk, the same problem occurs. Now my computer works flawlessly. But it has to stay clean and healthy because I want to install recording (Cubase) and guitar software (Line 6) and DISM gives you a kind of security when things go bad. It has performed miracle rescues in the past for me. I am by the way certainly not the only one with this issue  O.K. I don't need it right away but I have tried every trick in the book and I can't get it to work and that worries me. I don't want to be forced to do a reinstall every time windows stops working properly, although things look very stable with this version. I have read that it has to do with the communication between the firewall and repair programs which need windows update to perform their task. Can't Microsoft create a fix/update to resolve this problem ?..... please ?  Kind regards.
    Monday, April 24, 2017 11:42 PM
  • Hello,

I hope the issue got resolved by future updates. As of now, you can try this workaround:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-dism-error-0x800f0906-on-windows-10-v1703

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Hi, 

This is an known issue in 1703. 

Microsoft-Windows-TestRoot-and-FlightSigning-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.15063.0  was not found in the image file. 

Please try the workaround Kapil.Arya, and we have feedback this issue. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:02 AM
  • Hi ,

Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    Type the following command and press Enter:

sfc/scannow

Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

for reference : http://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

Regards :)

Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:14 AM
  • Hi, thanks for your reply. Right now the workaround solution Kapilarya offers is a step too far for me. I am not that desperate. But I will monitor this subject and see if Microsoft comes with a solution by themselves. If they don't in the near future, I will try the more invasive procedures. 

Kind regards.

• Edited by Opperlaaf Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:40 PM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 11:41 AM