Cluster Shared Volumes Not discovered RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a customer running a couple of clusters "LinuxCluster" and "WindowsCluster". The issue I have is that only the "LinuxCluster" CSV are discovered/shown in the view "Microsoft Windows Hyper-V Extensions 2012 R2>Cluster Shared Volumes State"

I have also looked under "Microsoft Windows Server>Health Monitoring>Cluster Shared Volumes Health" and its only showing the "LinuxCluster" volumes.

I am running version 6.0.7230.0 version of the cluster MP and 7.1.10140.0 of the Hyper-v MP and 1.0.1.282 of the Hyper-V Extension MP (I believe these are all the latest versions).

I have checked and the discover rule "Cluster Shared Volume Discovery" and it is enabled by default with no overrides applied.

I have verified this by running the below command.

PS C:\temp> get-scomclassinstance -class (Get-SCOMClass -displayname "Cluster Shared Volume")

HealthState     InMaintenanceMode  DisplayName
    -----------     -----------------  -----------
    Success               False        T2_DEV_OS_03
    Success               False        T1_PRD_OS_06
    Success               False        T2_LIN_ISO
    Success               False        T2_DEV_OS_04
    Success               False        T2_DEV_DATA_04
    Success               False        T1_PRD_DATA_06
    Success               False        T1_PRD_OS_07
    Success               False        T1_PRD_OS_05
    Success               False        T1_PRD_DATA_05
    Success               False        T2_DEV_DATA_03
    Success               False        T2_LIN_TEMPLATES
    Success               False        T1_PRD_OS_08
    Success               False        T1_PRD_OS_10
    Success               False        T1_PRD_OS_09

I have also checked that agent proxy is enabled on all agents.

What I have found interesting is that in the "Administrators" Tab under "Agentless Managed" the LinuxCluster is reported as "Healthy" but the "WindowsCluster" is reporting "Not Monitored"?

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this?

Cheers,

Martin

Blog: http://sustaslog.wordpress.com  LinkedIn:   

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Edited by Martin Sustaric Tuesday, January 6, 2015 11:48 PM update troubleshooting details
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 10:39 PM

Answers

All replies