Where is download for full install of Win Media for Vista 64-bit??? RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Media wasn't loading (after I uninstalled Winamp). Tried to repair Win Media, that didn't work, so I figured, uninstall and reinstall would be best thing. Wrong. I CANNOT FIND A DOWNLOAD FOR WIN MEDIA FOR VISTA, Only for XP. Apparently, in their infinite wisdom, Microsoft believes that if a program comes installed on the PC or as part of the OS, we never need to reinstall it. I did find one page on Microsoft site full of info about Win Media 11 for Vista and Win 7 BUT NO DOWNLOAD!!!

Where is the download for the full Win Media for Vista 64-bit? Or even 32-bit?

In meantime, I'll use iTunes and RealPlayer.
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 6:03 AM

Answers

• Hi angela_g, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows Vista related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows Vista forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsvistaitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, December 28, 2009 3:53 AM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:25 AM