Mitel 3300 to Lync via DirectSip RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am trying to connect are Lync Server to are Mitel server via directsip

I have confirmed that the mitel side has been set up correctly and that the call is being routed down the sip trunk to the lync server

However I am unsure off the correct set up on the Lync server, please may someone aid me

Many Thanks

Friday, March 9, 2012 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Any Number that comes to Lync must be normalized into a destination Number.

Have you configured a Normalization Rule ?

Secondly, what number is being routed to Lync Server ?

That will give you an idea about normalization required.

If still does not work,Take a wireshark trace or Enable Lync Logging Tool Trace.

• Marked as answer by DanMartin82 Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:50 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Any Number that comes to Lync must be normalized into a destination Number.

Have you configured a Normalization Rule ?

Secondly, what number is being routed to Lync Server ?

That will give you an idea about normalization required.

If still does not work,Take a wireshark trace or Enable Lync Logging Tool Trace.

• Marked as answer by DanMartin82 Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:50 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 11:11 PM
  • Hi Dan,

This blog post give the idea of direct sip integrating to a pbx.

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/2011/09/using-snom-one-as-sip-trunk-gateway-for.html

basically start at point III

(also make sure you don't send the number to lync as a e164 number or lync won't normalize it.)

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public

Saturday, March 10, 2012 4:58 AM

• Hi,DanMartin,

Successful direct SIP configuration requires the following:

1)Configuring the IP-PBX to send and receive SIP signaling and media traffic to and from the Mediation Server.
    2)Configuring the Mediation Server to send and receive signaling (SIP) and media (real-time system protocol (SRTP)) traffic to and from the IP-PBX.  

Before configuring direct SIP, it is very important to have a dial plan structure defined between Lync Server and the IP-PBX. Typically, the IP-PBX supports a shortened dial plan, with extensions that are often a subset of the user’s DID. There may also be variable length extensions and internal numbers that need to be routed to and from the IP-PBX. You can refer the Direct SIP chapter in Lync resource kit book to configure Lync server,details you can check http://blogs.technet.com/b/drrez/archive/2011/06/01/microsoft-lync-server-2010-resource-kit-direct-sip.aspx

And here is a great blog post talking about configure Lync for RCC with Mitel 3300 just for your reference.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:27 AM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:26 AM