Win 7 Professional - 64bit: Runtime Errors RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to install System Mechanic 10, I get the following message: "Runtime Errorr (at -1:0) Cannot import dll:C\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\is-SSAQ6.tmp\installhelper.dll."

I have tried everything Iolo technical support have suggested but to no avail. This includes removing all traces of previous installation; installing in safe mode; installing as admin; installing with MS Security Essentials removed, etc. They have now given up and suggested I could reinstall windows from scratch. This, I would rather not do. Can anyone suggest something else before I try the installation from scratch (I already run through the Repair option on the Win7 disk)?

I also tried to install Mats_RunWinfilefolder.exe but again I get an error message: "Fix It troubleshooting cannot continue because an error occurred. We're sorry, but the diagnostic solution encountered a runtime error. Please try again later."

Are these two runtime errors connected and if so, what is the solution?

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tied to delete all the TEMP files to have a test? And you may also try to disable your anti-virus software temporarily when you install the System Mechanic.

I assume your case is the software’s compatibility problem. So I still suggest you to contact the software publisher for the better help.

In addition, I need to clarify that some services or programs that may be required for installation are not enabled in Safe Mode. then I suggest you to install in Clean Boot Mode.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, December 24, 2010 1:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Star4514 Friday, December 24, 2010 2:56 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:10 AM
  • Hi Juke,

Thanks for your reply.

I have deleted all temp files; I have completely removed Microsoft Security Essentials; I have put the computer in a Clean Boot Mode: None of this made any difference when I try the installation. I still get the same error message as I posted above. 

Iolo, the maker of System Mechanic, have come to the conclusion that they do not know what the problem is and have suggested that I reinstall windows. That seems to be their final answer. I also called them and they took my name and number because the technicians were all busy. They never called back so I don't have any hope of getting any more help from them. I am looking for more ideas short of reinstalling windows.

Regarding installing Mats_RunWinfilefolder.exe, I did this successfully  in the Clean Boot Mode.

Monday, December 20, 2010 5:02 AM
  • Please don't use such snakeoil tools which only damage your PC! Windows maintains itself well (defrag, Superfetch, Readyboot)

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:37 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Star4514 Friday, December 24, 2010 1:56 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 4:03 PM
  • Andre,

What are you referring to?

Monday, December 20, 2010 7:51 PM
  • Best way is if you purchaed this software then either ask refund for this or support from concerning software company. 

मनोज कुमार जांगिड skype - jangid
    Monday, December 20, 2010 9:17 PM
  • Andre,

What are you referring to?

I refer to System Mechanic (http://www.iolo.com/system-mechanic/standard/default.aspx?pg=10#Overview). Is this the tool you try to install?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Monday, December 20, 2010 10:08 PM
  • Yes, it is System Mechanic 10, which I said at the start my first post. Perhaps you could explain why you consider it a snakeoil tool?
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:12 AM
  • It works fine on two of my XP machines - it is only on my win7x64 machine it can't be installed.
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:16 AM
  • Because it claims to speedup the PC but it does nothing and only damages your PC.

IOLO tools have handle and memory leaks and SLOW DOWN your PC and also cause your PC to show a BSOD.

Never use such dangerous crapware [1]!

André

[1] http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crapware

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, December 24, 2010 1:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, December 24, 2010 1:21 AM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:37 PM
  • That is not an answer to my question . Andre's answer does not give me any idea of what the problem is and how to overcome it. Just because he is thinks System Mechanic is a snakeoil tool does not make it so. There is ample information on the internet that it is a legitimate program. I was looking for help from someone that has some knowledge about the problem and not useless statements like Andre provides which helps nobody. If he has his own biases that is his problem but I am looking for suggestions that helps me install a program.  Maybe there is someone else who has unbiased technical knowledge that can give some suggestions.
    Friday, December 24, 2010 2:07 AM
  • Don't mark replies as answers if they don't solve the problem and your reply did not solve it as I indicated below in my reply.
    Friday, December 24, 2010 2:09 AM
  • That is not an answer to my question . Andre's answer does not give me any idea of what the problem is and how to overcome it. Just because he is thinks System Mechanic is a snakeoil tool does not make it so.   Maybe there is someone else who has unbiased technical knowledge that can give some suggestions.

fail *thumbs down*. If you want to damage your Windows do it. I have a lot of technical knowledge about how Windows works in detail so that I know that this tool is useless ____! BUT nobody will help you here to do this. Go the Home Users forum and get help how to destroy your Windows:

Windows 7 Category

• Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Friday, December 24, 2010 5:00 PM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 4:59 PM
  • Andre,

I obviously can't damage my computer with this program if I cannot install it.

If you have so much technical knowledge of Windows, then you should be able to explain why I am getting a runtime error when trying to install the program: is it the program that causes it or is the OS the causes it? Answering that should not count towards you helping to destroy Windows.

Saturday, December 25, 2010 1:29 AM