none
How could I delete abandoned CS object of GALMA ? RRS feed

• Question

• We use MIIS for galysnc.

We use GALMA, and usually during MV object deletion cause GALMA CS object deletion by deprovisioning rule.

But in somehow, I found there were several unneeded GALMA normal disconnectors which do not have relatee MV object.

How could I delete those abandoned CS objects of GALMA without any negative impact to current MIIS ?

Monday, July 29, 2013 4:59 PM

Answers

• The only way to delete an object from the connector space is to import the deletion from the connected data source.  When the deprovisioning rule triggers a deletion, the object actually remains in the connector space as a pending deletion until you export on that MA, the object is deleted, and the deletion is reimported. 

If those objects don't actually correlate to a real object in AD, I would recommend you run a full import followed by a full or delta sync.

If the objects do correlate to an AD object, then you have to decide if the AD objects themselves should be deleted (if yes, delete them then do a delta import/sync).  If the objects are valid and should remain, they will either remain as disconnectors or, if they are in an OU that your MIIS/GALsync solution doesn't need to manage, you should be able to edit the properties of the MA and exclude that container.  A full import is needed after that kind of change to make it take effect.

Chris

Monday, July 29, 2013 8:11 PM