Windows 7 64 Bit - IEEE 1394 Video Camera not seen or detected RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed a fresh full version of Windows 7 64 bit on a new Intel System.

I have a Panasonic Video Camera and a IEEE 1394 firewire PCI card installed.

When I turn on my camera nothing happens. Windows does NOT see it or detected it.

I have tried the Legacy Driver change, etc etc. Nothing work.

I know for a  FACT the camera and firewire card works on the same computer running Windows XP Pro 32 bit. Windows 7 64 does not detect it.

Also, my internet connection keeps dropping out and disconnecting showing no connectivity. It will work sometimes but not others. I'm using a WIRED Linksys Modem and Router.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:34 AM

Answers

• It should be a driver compatibility issue. If no Windows 7 compatible drivers can be downloaded, we cannot get the device work.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 3, 2010 3:46 AM
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 6:19 AM

All replies

• See the information in the thread @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/w7itprohardware/thread/65cb7a25-2a84-4875-aa27-b084537e8da1
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:23 PM
  • It should be a driver compatibility issue. If no Windows 7 compatible drivers can be downloaded, we cannot get the device work.
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 3, 2010 3:46 AM
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 6:19 AM