Time Zone Changing Troubles (MOSS-2007) RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed MS Patch for Sharepoint (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2553019) that updated file 12\config\timezone.xml

But when I open Web Application Properties page to see Regional settings - the list of time zones is still old.

I've made iisreset, run config Wizard, and restarted server - no results

Please Help. How to update time zones list in Web. App. settings page.

All created|modified elements are marked with wrong time (i.e. the server time is 14:05 but sharepoint modified time is 13:05)

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:54 PM

Answers

• Hi aland17,

For regional settings, we can define a time zone in TIMEZONE.XML, to specify a time zone, it is related to RGNLSTNG.XML (\\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\1033\XML)

Please check RGNLSTNG.XML file, the time zone will be the old: Moscow GMT+3, this will affect the list of time zone in Regional settings page.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try to browse the site http://siteURL/_layouts/regionalsetng.aspx and change the time and restart the timer and check if the time reflecting now is correct? Let me know if that works?

Regards,

Srishti, MCSE, MCTS (WSS 3.0/MOSS 2007), MCITP(SP 2010) -------------------------------------------------------- Senior SharePoint Consultant
    Monday, October 31, 2011 1:23 PM
  • Hi!

The key problem is that time zones lists are old on this pages:

/_layouts/regionalsetng.aspx

/_admin/vsgeneralsettings.aspx

The server time zone is Moscow GMT+4 (correct, updated after patch)

But on this pages zone is Moscow GMT+3 (old, before update)

In File 12\config\timezone.xml - Time zone is updated and is Moscow GMT+4

Monday, October 31, 2011 2:15 PM
  • Hi,

When you create new sites whether this issue still happens or it only happens on existing sites?

If only on exiting sites, then take an export of your site then delete your existing site and then create a new site with this content.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:19 AM
  • Unfortunately, issue also happens on new sites and new web applications.

Where do this pages take the lists of time zones if not from the file timezone.xml?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Hi aland17,

For regional settings, we can define a time zone in TIMEZONE.XML, to specify a time zone, it is related to RGNLSTNG.XML (\\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\1033\XML)

Please check RGNLSTNG.XML file, the time zone will be the old: Moscow GMT+3, this will affect the list of time zone in Regional settings page.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:37 AM
  • FOR SOME REASONTHIS IS AFFECTING MANY OF MY ITEMS USING DIGITAL TIME, TV, COMPUTER TIME AND ABOUT HALF OF MY OTHER GADGETS. THE MOST VIABLE SOLUTION I HAVE FOUND IS TO GO TO YOUR AFFECTED INSTRUMENTS AND MOVE EAST ONE ZONE ANDCHANGE YOUR TIME ZONE BACK IF IT CORRECT THE PROBLEM WE ARE HAVING NOW. GOOD LUCK.
    Monday, November 5, 2018 12:17 AM