none
Server 2012 RD Host Redirected Printer fails to print to Windows 10 client RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I am at my wits end trying to get the redirected printer to print on Windows 10 clients. The redirected printers work fine from Vista and 7 clients, but Win 10 clients get an access denied error.

The RD Host is Server 2012 R2. 

Clients connect no problem. The redirected printer appears as it should. 

When using the redirected printer on windows 7 or vista clients, they print normally. Windows 10 fails with error 372 code 5. Access Denied

How to resolve the access denied error?

What has been done? Everything the internet has recommended.

I.E. set Everyone full control to the PRINTERS folder in the spool directory.

checked spooler service starts automatically.

installed the drivers on the server.

turned firewall off on both ends.

Used the GPO to enable disable everything that printer redirection offers.

What is in window 10 that is stopping the redirected printer? The trouble only appears using win 10 clients.

Installing the printer to the server works fine, but only for the current session.
    • Edited by PJDBrown Friday, October 21, 2016 7:38 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 7:35 PM

Answers

• ok, I think I answered my own question. I made the assumption that Microsoft Update installed the correct driver to the windows 10 client when in fact it was not. *smacks head* 

After installing the identical driver on the windows 10 machine, the redirected printer appeared at login of the RD host with the correct icon and printed a test page correctly.

Although it seems my printing issue seems to be gone, I never got the debug folder to appear in the event viewer. I did click in the view menu Show debug and ... but nothing changed in my list on the left.

• Marked as answer by PJDBrown Friday, October 21, 2016 8:59 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 8:59 PM

All replies

• ok, this post  is my exact problem, but I am not sure exactly what the solution was. 

I am not sure how to:

PrintService, Right click, View , Show Analytic...., once you get the Debug folder, right click, Enable Log.

This should help determine where the Access failure is occurring.

links disabled for me at this time:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/1942dd29-283c-4b3d-b573-08151a9c4e00/windows-server-2012-r2-essentials-redirected-printers-not-working-from-windows-10-machine?forum=winserver8gen

Friday, October 21, 2016 8:08 PM
  • ok, I think I answered my own question. I made the assumption that Microsoft Update installed the correct driver to the windows 10 client when in fact it was not. *smacks head* 

After installing the identical driver on the windows 10 machine, the redirected printer appeared at login of the RD host with the correct icon and printed a test page correctly.

Although it seems my printing issue seems to be gone, I never got the debug folder to appear in the event viewer. I did click in the view menu Show debug and ... but nothing changed in my list on the left.

• Marked as answer by PJDBrown Friday, October 21, 2016 8:59 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 8:59 PM