App-V Application Shortcuts Going AWOL RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few sequenced apps that will randomly disapear from the start menu on random computers in my enterprise.  I get a call from the help desk, they say the "teller" application is missing from the start menu today and it was there yesterday...

I don't even know logically where to start.  I've tried various measures from restarting to uninstalling and re-installing the App-V client.

That usually works to get the app back, but makes it so I also have to go back to run/advertised programs and re-"run" every virtual application.  

My primary aim is to find the reason they are disapearing.

Where should I be looking/what log files will help me here?

Thanks for your consideration

Dude 

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:18 PM

All replies

• So making some guesses here, it sounds like you're managing the App-V client with SCCM. Some more information about your environment would be good.

What does the App-V client log indicate when the issue occurs?

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:31 PM
  • Please consult with your App-v client log file.

Change the log level to Verbose and then start. You will get handy info about the error for sure.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:22 PM