none
What is the maximum value for the SQLCommandTimeout in AppConfigInfo.xml? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

As the question says what is the maximum value I can use for the SQLCommandTimeout in the AppConfigInfo.xml file?

I am running an inventory refresh on a very large DB at the minute and it keeps timing out running one of the SQL stored Procedures, I originally doubled the value to 3600 but the refresh still failed, I then tripled the number and I think now I have input something ridiculous but it is still failing, i'm worried I have exceed a limit on this and its just reverting back to the standard 30 minutes.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

EDIT: I should add this is MAP 7.0

Thank you

• Edited by Wayne-0 Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:29 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:24 AM

Answers

• SQL is the program that is taking too long, MAP is just waiting for SQL to let MAP know that the stored procedure has completed. The more powerful the machine, the less time it will take SQL to assess the data. Increasing memory and processor power available will allow SQL to finish within the maximum time limit, which appears to be 24 hours based on what you are seeing.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Wayne-0 Monday, January 7, 2013 9:23 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 10:34 PM

All replies

• There is not a maximum value that we're aware of. The CPU and memory resources available can really effect the amount of time it takes. If you want to send the log file to mapfdbk email I can check to see if the SQL timeout is actually the problem in why the assessment is failing.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Switzer01Moderator Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne-0 Monday, December 17, 2012 12:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Wayne-0 Monday, December 17, 2012 12:58 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:24 PM
  • Thanks Michael, I will have another go today and as you say send the log file over if I get no joy.

Thank you

Wayne

• Edited by Wayne-0 Monday, December 17, 2012 12:58 PM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Hello again,

I set the timeout value to 172800 (48 hours if i'm not mistaken) but in the log I can see that a time out occurs running a stored Procedure after exactly 24 hours.

Are there any other values I can alter? or is this data simply too big for MAP?

Thank you

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:11 AM
  • SQL is the program that is taking too long, MAP is just waiting for SQL to let MAP know that the stored procedure has completed. The more powerful the machine, the less time it will take SQL to assess the data. Increasing memory and processor power available will allow SQL to finish within the maximum time limit, which appears to be 24 hours based on what you are seeing.

• Marked as answer by Wayne-0 Monday, January 7, 2013 9:23 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 10:34 PM
  • Thank you very much Michael.... I shall try again and let you know what happens.
    Monday, January 7, 2013 9:23 AM