How to Repair Windows 7 Home Premium without Disk RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not a computer guru.

I'm having problems with updating Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932) on my machine.

Manual update did not make any difference. Downloading the System Update Readiness Tool did not help either. 

Troubleshooting the Error Code 80073712 requires me to repair my windows but I don't have the windows installation DVD.

Can someone help me with how to fix my windows?

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, June 3, 2012 1:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

• You can only do a repair install with the same edition Windows 7 installation disc for the same edition of Windows 7 that you have installed.
    • You cannot use a OEM Windows 7 "Factory" Restore/Recovery type of installation disc that came with or created from a store bought computer to do a repair install with. These can only be used do a clean install instead.
    • You can do a repair install on a factory OEM installation with the latest official Windows 7 with SP1 ISO file here: Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River « My Digital Life, and use Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool to create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive with the ISO to do the repair install with.

For more information just refer: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html in that briefly explained.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:19 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 4:59 AM

All replies