Can I Add Image Studies Without Using Connection Center? RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon. I've been using HealthVault for several years to maintain my family's medical records. My account is connected to several providers, as well as our health insurance company, and everything works fairly well. 

My home computers use Ubuntu, not Windows. I have some medical image studies I need to upload to my HealthVault, but Connection Center does not run on Linux, not even under Wine. I've tried every possible configuration I can think of, literally dozens of them, but every time the program gets stuck at "Go online to HealthVault". When I click the button, an error appears telling me, "Please check your network connection and security settings and try again." That box pops up instantly. 

I know for certain that my connection and security settings are correct and will allow the software to access the internet. 

My questions are:
    1. Can someone help me understand or figure out what's happening to prevent Connection Center from accessing the Internet? And by this, I mean behind the scenes (missing dll's, as an example?) not something simple like "Is your firewall turned on?" 

2. If I can't get Connection Center working on Linux, how else can I upload my medical image studies? I would much rather do this in the comfort and privacy of my own home. I do not want to bring my private medical information to a friend's house, borrow his computer, hope I can install Connection Center on it, and then deal with the potentially embarrassing/awkward explanation of what it's all about. It shouldn't have to be that way. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:31 PM