none
Event 1008, Perflib Errors!

Question

1. The Open Procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

2. The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

3. The Open Procedure for service ".NETFramework" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Please help me resolve this!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Gil-Levy,

When did the issue start to occur?
    Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

First of all, please open an administrator command line and run "sfc /scannow" or "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of sytem files.
    For the specific error messages, we could refer to the following link to have a troubleshoot.
    Event ID 1008 — Performance Library Availability
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774913%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

In addition, please refer to the following link to check the permissions` issue.
    Windows 10 The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed.

If the issue occurred recently and the system restore is available, we could recover the machine to a previous normal point.
    http://www.expertdebugger.com/2015/08/25/windows-10-the-open-procedure-for-service-bits-in-dll-cwindowssystem32bitsperf-dll-failed/
    NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:54 AM
  • Hi Gil-Levy,

When did the issue start to occur?
    Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

First of all, please open an administrator command line and run "sfc /scannow" or "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of sytem files.
    For the specific error messages, we could refer to the following link to have a troubleshoot.
    Event ID 1008 — Performance Library Availability
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774913%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

In addition, please refer to the following link to check the permissions` issue.
    Windows 10 The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed.

If the issue occurred recently and the system restore is available, we could recover the machine to a previous normal point.
    http://www.expertdebugger.com/2015/08/25/windows-10-the-open-procedure-for-service-bits-in-dll-cwindowssystem32bitsperf-dll-failed/
    NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Hi.. thanks for the assistance.

I didn't make any changes to the system.

1. The first link doesn't help a lot because the troubleshooting guide says 

"At the command prompt, type lodctr:\<ini file>, where <ini file> is the .ini file for the library that you want to reload."

But as you can see the error is about wmiaprpl.dll so I don't know how to fix this.. This is not .ini file

SFC/ Scannow is fine/

I ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth  --- but I didn't see anything unusual. What should I expect?

Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:33 AM
  • Hi Gil-Levy,

Just open an administrator command line and run "lodctr C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll". And the same for others.
    In addition, please check the permissions` issue. Compare it with a good one.

As for the dism, it indicates the system files are healthy if it could run successfully.

Best regards

Friday, March 4, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Hi Gil-Levy,

Just open an administrator command line and run "lodctr C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll". And the same for others.
    In addition, please check the permissions` issue. Compare it with a good one.

As for the dism, it indicates the system files are healthy if it could run successfully.

Best regards

Since I cannot post screenshots, I'll describe what I see in security tab for this wmiaprpl.dll file

Group or user names:

ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES - Read & Execute + Read

SYSTEM - Read & Execute + Read

Administrators (GIL-PC\Administrators) - Read & Execute + Read

Users (Gil-PC\Users) - Read & Execute + Read

TrustedInstaller - Full Control + Modifiy + Read & Execute + Read + Write

Is that good?

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 11:56 AM
  • Hi Gil-Levy,

Have you tried to run "lodctr C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll"?

As for the permissions, there should be a lot registry keys under that path. Compare it with a good one.
    According to your reply, it seems that the "Creator Owner" is missing. Please add it manually and assign with full control permissions.

Best regards

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:03 AM
  • Hi Gil-Levy,

Have you tried to run "lodctr C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll"?

As for the permissions, there should be a lot registry keys under that path. Compare it with a good one.
    According to your reply, it seems that the "Creator Owner" is missing. Please add it manually and assign with full control permissions.

Best regards

Yes I ran the command and I don't get any message after running it in CMD Admin mode.

I just run it and that's it.

As for the Permissions. I don't know what constitutes a good one to compare with but when I looked at other DLL files under C:\Windows\System32\wbem, they all have the same permission settings as the one I described.

What else can I do?

Thursday, March 10, 2016 11:14 AM
  • Hi Gil-Levy,

"but when I looked at other DLL files under C:\Windows\System32\wbem"
    No, we should check the registry keys` permissions, not the file.
    Run "regedit" to open registry key editor, navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    Look for the three service "wmiaprpl", "bits", ".NETFramework". Then right click the "Performance" registry key. Check the permissions.

Best regards

Friday, March 11, 2016 1:31 AM
  • Hi Gil-Levy,

"but when I looked at other DLL files under C:\Windows\System32\wbem"
    No, we should check the registry keys` permissions, not the file.
    Run "regedit" to open registry key editor, navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    Look for the three service "wmiaprpl", "bits", ".NETFramework". Then right click the "Performance" registry key. Check the permissions.

Best regards

Ok I found the WmiApRpl in registry but I'm still not sure what is a good setting even if I compare to others.

Some maybe different.

I have:

CREATOR OWNER - Special permissions

SYSTEM - Full Control + Read

Administrators (GIL-PC\Administrators) - Full Control  + Read

Users (Gil-PC\Users) -  Read

That is it.

Should I change or add more?

Friday, March 11, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi Gil-Levy,

Please try to add WSS_WPG group full control to those registry keys.
    Here is a similar case for reference:
    Solving WmiApRpl and BITS errors with SharePoint 2013 on Windows Server 2012
    http://weblogs.asp.net/wesleybakker/Solving-WmiApRpl-and-BITS-errors-with-SharePoint-2013-on-Windows-Server-2012

If the issue persists, please try the following command line.

Best regards

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:58 AM
  • Hi Gil-Levy,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

Best regards

Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:40 AM