none
FIM workflow fails to send email RRS feed

• Question

• I have an MPR which triggers a workflow that shoots out email.

The sending email part of it has suddenly stopped working. I get below error in the workflow instance log.

EXCEPTION DATA\r\n\r\nMESSAGE: WorkflowInstance '53039541-329a-461a-abed-672516d83f9b' could not resolve mail message in activity 'authenticationGateActivity2'.  Mail was not sent.\r\n\r\n**METHOD:Void ResolveMail(System.Object, System.EventArgs)\r\n\r\n**METHOD:Void RaiseEvent(System.Workflow.ComponentModel.DependencyProperty, System.Object, System.EventArgs)\r\n\r\n**METHOD:System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutionStatus Execute(System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutionContext)\r\n\r\n**METHOD:System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutionStatus Execute(T, System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutionContext)\r\n\r\n**METHOD:System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutionStatus Execute(System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Activity, System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutionContext)\r\n\r\n**METHOD:Boolean Run(System.Workflow.ComponentModel.IWorkflowCoreRuntime)\r\n\r\n**METHOD:Void Run()\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nINNER EXCEPTION DATA\r\n\r\n
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I think your XOML is corrupted. Try to delete the current activity on your workflow and set new one.

/Antho.

• Marked as answer by VinitNaik Monday, November 10, 2014 10:09 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:26 AM

All replies

• WorkflowInstance '53039541-329a-461a-abed-672516d83f9b' could not resolve mail message in activity 'authenticationGateActivity2'.  Mail was not sent.

Make sure this user has an email in FIM Portal

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Monday, October 20, 2014 1:33 PM
  • yes the email id is present.

To give you more information, this is an account object in FIM portal. The account object has a SystemManagerEmail attribute, the mail is send to this email id.

We have one more workflow which sends email to this id when there is any update in account, this is working perfectly. The workflow which sends email on this account object creation fails to send email.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:00 AM
  • Hello,

I think your XOML is corrupted. Try to delete the current activity on your workflow and set new one.

/Antho.

• Marked as answer by VinitNaik Monday, November 10, 2014 10:09 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:26 AM
  • Thanks Antho.

That helped! Could you help me figure how this gets corrupted? Is there a way we can make sure that corruption do not happen? How frequently this happens?

Monday, November 10, 2014 10:09 AM
  • It is not happening without user's modifications.

It might got corrupted for example when email template was deleted and re-created with the same name (workflow has its link to email template by GUID, so this workflow would not have email template attached correctly then).

It's hard to say why it has got corrupted.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Monday, November 10, 2014 11:09 AM