Forefront UAG/TMG RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we have a couple licenses of the UAG product (with embedded TMG).  Can I create rules within the context of TMG on the box that will get honored?  Or am I stuck only using 'trunks' via UAG.  I'd like to use both, but have the option of just publishing old-fashioned rules through TMG.  Thanks in advance.
    • Moved by Nick Gu - MSFT Monday, February 28, 2011 10:31 AM (From:Forefront TMG and ISA Server)
    Friday, February 25, 2011 6:43 PM

Answers

• Yes you can create rules in TMG that will get honored, but be aware that this is not recommended by Microsoft. There are cases where you actually need to create som rules directly in TMG to get the UAG setup to work.

A better solution is to have a dedicated TMG, create a DMZ on it, and place you UAG here.

Regards
    Bjorn

• Marked as answer by JayCrumpGP Monday, February 28, 2011 11:21 AM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 11:04 AM

All replies

• Yes you can create rules in TMG that will get honored, but be aware that this is not recommended by Microsoft. There are cases where you actually need to create som rules directly in TMG to get the UAG setup to work.

A better solution is to have a dedicated TMG, create a DMZ on it, and place you UAG here.

Regards
    Bjorn

• Marked as answer by JayCrumpGP Monday, February 28, 2011 11:21 AM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 11:04 AM
  • Thanks Bjorn.  We don't really use TMG as a segmentation solution (we're a Cisco shop for security) - we use it and UAG solely for their application publishing and URL proxying features.  This is good to know though.  I'll mark your reply as answer.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 11:21 AM