none
Block Internal email for a day RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to block an Exchange mailbox from sending internal mail for a day(for whole exchange users), while continuing to allow external mail to that mailbox to be delivered and send.

Thanks,

Sunny

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:55 AM

Answers

• Oh dear, another manager has read about a CEO blocking internal email to "improve" productivity.

There is nothing built in that can do this for you on a time schedule. Therefore your only option is to create a transport rule. If you want it to be removed automatically you would have to write a script to remove the rule and then schedule it to run at the required time.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.

• Proposed as answer by Castinlu Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Castinlu Monday, June 18, 2012 5:36 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:58 PM

All replies

• Oh dear, another manager has read about a CEO blocking internal email to "improve" productivity.

There is nothing built in that can do this for you on a time schedule. Therefore your only option is to create a transport rule. If you want it to be removed automatically you would have to write a script to remove the rule and then schedule it to run at the required time.

Simon.

• Proposed as answer by Castinlu Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Castinlu Monday, June 18, 2012 5:36 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:58 PM

LOL :)
    @,tuladhar Good luck!

Gulab Prasad,
    My Blog | Z-Hire Employee Provisioning App

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:01 PM

Simon.

:)

Nicely said

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:50 PM